Google Reader API changed a little

Recently I noticed that one of my Greasemonkey script called “Google Reader Unread Count in Gmail” was displaying the wrong count. I was too busy but at least two users urged me to solve the problem so I took a look into the issue, which turned out to be very simple and easy to fix.

In fact Google changed the xml schema of the output so my script was displaying a timestamp. That’s why the count look so strange :)

Now the source code on userscripts.org is updated(here’s the diff). Please update your local version if you’re facing the same problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prove your intelligence before hitting * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.